Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Rosti is my family's favourite potato dish ranked just below my signature mashed potato. The crispy crust and creamy interior works great with a dab of sour cream on the side and served with roast chicken, roasted salmon fillets, or with grilled sausages and sauerkraut(fermented cabbage).
Russet Potatoes, 1kg
salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying
1. Peel and wash potatoes, par boil them for 8mins. put it aside to cool
2. Grate potatoes on a grater using the large holes
3. Season grated potatoes bits with salt and pepper
3. In a non-stick pan, pour generous amount of oil. Once oil is hot, pile grated potatoes on the pan, pack it down evenly and shape into nice rounds with a turner.
4. fry gently for 10mins until nicely golden brown, using the turner, slide the rosti onto a plate, cover the rosti with another plate, and turn upside down. Slide the rosti with the cooked side up into the pan again.
5. Continue to fry for 10mins until nicely golden brown.
Posted by Danny at 4:19 PM