I have craving for Tandoori Chicken the past few days, and by chance, I found packeted Tandoori Masala Powder in my local Indian grocery shop. So I marinated the chicken for a night, and Grilled the chicken in the oven.... The aroma coming out from the oven was Subliminal!!! We served it with rice and some Japanese style veggie curry... Soul food!!
Tandoori Masala, 1 packet
Thick Yogurt, 1 medium tub
Chicken, 2 (skinned)
Salt (1 tbsp)
Red edible color (optional)
1. Make deep score on the chicken breasts, and thighs so flavours would go deep inside the meat.
2. mix the spice mix and salt with Yogurt, add red edible color if using to desired color.
3. marinate chicken in spiced yogurt, making sure the whole chicken is covered with the paste.
4. marinate chicken for 4 hours at least in the fridge or overnight.
5. Preheat grill to 220 degrees
6. Place chicken on grilling rack lined with foil, put under the grill for 20 mins.
7. Turn chicken and grill for another 20mins, baste with remaining marinate
8. Check that chicken is cooked through, Serve and enjoy!