This is a very easy to make recipe. The result is moist, juicy, tasty Char Siew. The fat of the pork collar is mostly burnt away, so it's not fatty. My wife said it taste even better than store bought Char Siew, and healthier as I don't put any coloring to get the red color. The 'burnt bits' is so tasty and chewy I feel like burning the whole piece of meat!!
Pork Collar 2pcs , around 400gm per piece
Lee Kum Kee Char Siew Sauce 3 tbsp
Salt 2 tsp
sugar 2 tsp
Light Soy sauce 3 tsp
Ginger juice 2 tsp
Chinese Wine 2tsp
Dark Soy sauce 1 tsp
Clear honey 2 tbsp
1. Mix all seasoning and coat pork collar evenly. Leave to marinate for 3 hrs at least
2. Place Pork Collar on a roasting rack lined with foil
3. Place under hot grill (max 240ºc) for 20 mins, brushing regularly with marinating juices
4. Turn the meat over and grill for another 15-18 mins basting with the marinating juices
5. Mix 2 tbsp honey into the marinating juices and brush onto meat. Grill for another 5 mins each side till desired 'burnt bits' is achieved.
6. Reserve the meat juices from the bottom of the tray, skim off the fat. If you have any remaining marinating juices, mix it in, heat up and used as dipping sauce