This soup is really good, and healthy. It is a family favourite and is also great if you entertain guests. It is really quick to do. You can make the soup ahead of time and when ready to serve, reheat slowly and drizzle in golden ribbon of egg in the soup.
2 can cream style corn
1 can/cup corn kernels
3-4 pcs deep fried fish maw (optional)
50g smoked ham, chopped finely (optional)
1. In a soup saucepan, pour in cream style corn and corn kernels, add 1.5 - 2 cans of water, bring to the boil, simmer 10 mins. Salt and sugar to season
2. If using smoked ham, mix into the soup in the last 5 mins
3. If using deep fried fish maw, first soak in hot water to soften and remove the oil, then rinse in cold water, marinate with some ginger juice and chinese wine. cut into bit size pieces and add to the soup in the last 10 mins.
4. stir the soup in 1 direction, slowly drizzle in the beaten egg for the egg ribbon effect.
5. If the soup is too watery, mix 2tsp of corn starch with 4 tsp of cold water, add in soup and mix evenly
Some cream style corn are too sweet, I usually use Del Monte, Ice Cool. Do try and taste the difference. Adjust seasoning accordingly.